WAYNE, N.J. -- Wayne Day -- a chance for locals to socialize, have fun and get to know local businesses and organizations -- is coming this Sunday, June 12.
The festival will feature low-cost kids carnival rides, free pony rides and petting zoo, food booths from many restaurants, truck and equipment exhibitions by the Wayne Fire Department, and extrication demonstrations from the Wayne First Aid Squad.
Over 100 organizations and businesses will also have booths and display space. It's "an opportunity for each service group, club or business in Wayne to become better known by representing itself, its services, accomplishments and goals to the residents of Wayne, while providing a fun activity," organizers note.
Among the many organizations will be
- Fri Guyz, Viaggio Ristorante and Coney Island Pizza;
- Boys & Girls Club of Wayne, Patriots Robotic Team, and the Wayne Amateur Radio Club;
- Apple Montessori School, Passaic County College and Pioneer Academy;
- Advanced Sports Medicine, Body and Brain Yoga and CKO Kickboxing; and
- Home Energy Matters, Mosquito Joe of Wayne and Universal Silk Screen.
The event will run from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., rain or shine, behind Wayne Valley High School and the Municipal Building, 475 Valley Rd. There will be live bands from noon until 5:30 on a big stage, under a big tent.
Contributors to the festival include Wayne Township, Wayne Lions Club, Wayne Board of Education, St. Joseph's Wayne Hospital, Chilton Hospital, Spencer Savings Bank, Columbia Bank and Wayne Rotary Club.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.