PASSAIC COUNTY, N.J. -- Pumpkins aren't just for carving. Every Fall, a host of Passaic County eateries zest up their menus with this seasonal gourd. What follows is a list of where to find everything from muffins to cocktails.
- Arta Restaurant, Ringwood: This month only you'll find pumpkin ravioli, pumpkin cocktails and pumpkin desserts on the menu at this Northern Italian eatery where local and organic rule. Taste Fall: 1131 Greenwood Lake Tpke., (973) 728-2344.
- Mr. Cupcakes, Clifton, Hawthorne: Sweeten your day with a pumpkin cheesecake cupcake -- yellow cake with pumpkin pie filling baked inside with pumpkin cream cheese icing. Taste Fall: 684 Lafayette Ave., Hawthorne, (914) 949-5300; 1216 Van Houten Ave, Clifton, (973) 859-0180.
- The Find Grind, Little Falls: Spice up your Fall with Jack'o Latte (white chocolate pumpkin spice latte), Mug 'o Pumpkin Pie (pumpkin spiced vanilla steamer), then pair with a.pumpkin muffin, pumpkin cheesecake or pumpkin spiced malted milk balls for the ultimate pumpkin fix. Taste Fall: 101 Newark Pompton Tpke, (973) 837-0199.
- Taphouse Grille, Wayne : Sip and savor the best of the season with pumpkin brews such as New Belgium Pumpkick; on Thursday, Oct. 27 at 6 p.m. the restaurant will host a special pumpkin event with Southern Tier showcasing the 2015 PumpKing. Taste Fall: 344 French Hill Rd., (973) 832-4141.
- The Shannon Rose Irish Pub, Clifton: Eat pumpkin and do good. From Thursday, Oct. 20 to Wednesday, Nov. 2, the Irish pub will donate a dollar from every item sold from its pumpkin-inspired menu directly to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. The menu selection includes Spiced Pumpkin Soup (creamy pumpkin soup seasoned with fall spices, herbs and apples), Pumpkin & Mascarpone Ravioli (pecan cream sauce and fresh sage), Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie with Oreo crust and Fireball Whisky caramel sauce and a Pumpkin Martini (Skyy vanilla vodka, Hiram Walker pumpkin liqueur, Fulton’s Harvest pumpkin liqueur, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg).
- In other pumpkin news: To raise additional funds for St. Jude's, The Shannon Rose is hosting its third annual Punkin’ Chunkin’ competition on Friday, Oct. 28 at 6 p.m. Participants are challenged to launch their pumpkin as far as possible within a designated area known as the “Chunkin Patch” for a chance to win prizes while raising funds for a worthy cause. Taste Fall: 98 Kingsland Rd., (973) 284-0200, www.theshannonrose.com/ .
Have a favorite spot we missed? Let us know on our Facebook page and fill us in on other pumpkin spots.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.