PASSAIC COUNTY, N.J. — Here's a look at the five stories that topped last week's news in Passaic County.
- Tipsters led Passaic County sheriff's officers Tuesday night to an abandoned row of Paterson houses where they found a fugitive from Garfield accused of breaking into cars in Totowa and Woodland Park after skipping sentencing for burglary.
- Two Saddle River real estate agents solicited and bagged some eight carts of food for the hungry outside the Allendale ACME for the Ringwood food bank.
- Haledon police received a $17,920 federal grant to buy body cameras, Congressman Bill Pascrell announced Monday.
- A noisy muffler drew the attention of Wayne police, who said they found the Florida driver with a stun gun disguised as a flashlight, a skull-shaped pot-smoking pipe and various other paraphernalia.
- Funded by the Department of Children and Families, West Milford's Highland Family Success Center serves as one-stop shops that provide wrap-around resources and supports for families.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.