PASSAIC COUNTY, N.J. — Here's a look at the stories that topped the news last week in Passaic County:
- Wayne police saluted the Wayne Valley High School football team for its tribute to law enforcement during the Indians' home opener against Lakeland.
- East Rutherford police hope the public can help find a Paterson man who they said urinated on an ex-girlfriend's floor and then punched and poured bleach on her.
- A sixth victim in six weeks was shot dead on a Paterson street overnight Tuesday, authorities said.
- Wayne police said they caught one of two "hit and run" shoplifters at the Willowbrook Mall Macy's trying to hide out in the Cheesecake Factory.
- Gannett will cut more than 400 jobs from recently-acquired North Jersey Media Group by the end of the week due to a new digital restructuring plan announced Wednesday, NorthJersey.com reports.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.