PATERSON, N.J. -- A mid-morning Paterson police crackdown on out-of-town buyers and local dealers produced a dozen arrests -- including accused users from Fair Lawn, Lyndhurst, Midland Park and Ridgewood, authorities said.
Narcotics detectives seized hundreds of bags of crack and dozens of heroin, along with nearly $9,000 in alleged profits, during Tuesday morning's operation on 12th Avenue, Police Director Jerry Speziale said.
- Daniel Oniszeruk, 31, and Michael Oniszeruk, 30, both of Fair Lawn, charged with loitering to commit a drug offense;
- Michael Lopez, 34, of Lyndhurst, charged with possession of crack and heroin;
- Jeffrey Laquwe, 29, of Midland Park, charged with heroin possession;
- James Ramundo, 41, of Ridgewood, charged with heroin possession.
Also arrested on drug possession charges were Milan M. Tobdzic, 50, of Paterson and Joshua Nasha, 43, of New York City, Speziale said.
ALSO SEE: Two Paterson detectives nabbed a couple moments after shots were fired during a Monday night street robbery that authorities said may be linked to previous holdups in the city.
Detectives also arrested several Paterson residents on drug-dealing and other charges, he said:
- Jirell Williams, 32, who the director said was carrying $450 in alleged drug money;
- Trayvon Sparks, 26, who had $210;
- Dequanis Hughes, 20, who Speziale said had $902;
- Jessica Holmes, 28, who was carrying $8,100 in cash, the director said.
- William Harrington, 35.
ALSO SEE: A trio of Paterson detectives chased down a city man who they said was carrying a semi-automatic handgun. http://southpassaic.dailyvoice.com/police-fire/paterson-pd-detectives-chase-down-gunman/698341/