PATERSON, N.J. -- Posing as johns, Passaic County sheriff's officers arrested 15 women Thursday during a Paterson prostitution sweep.
The Quality of Life roundup "was initiated as a result of numerous citizen complaints," Sheriff Richard H. Berdnik said Thursday.
The detail, consisting of 15 plainclothed detectives, targeted the areas of Market Street from East 22nd Street to E. 31st Street and Van Houten Street from E. 18th St. to Straight Street.
Several of the women arrested on soliciting prostitution charges had outstanding warrants from various police departments, the sheriff said.
- Theresa Taylor (48) Hackensack;
- Jennifer Green (28) Hawthorne;
- Amanda Gianfrancesco (37) Wanaque;
- Krystina Traceyvaughan (25) Paterson;
- Erin Micco (26) Paterson;
- Madeline Hughes (48) Paterson;
- Amanda Tintle (29) Paterson;
- Samantha Prior (25) Paterson;
- Dontay E. Booker (27) Paterson;
- Amanda Stampone (27) Paterson;
- Sarah Davis (38) Paterson;
- Aretha Fowler (39) Paterson;
- Christina May (34) Jersey City;
- Anna Dembitsky (28) East Orange;
- Samantha Zacaro (27) Fairfield.
Detectives had members of the Passaic County Prosecutor's Human Trafficking Unit to assist victims of human trafficking and a drug interventionist professional, Michael Sarubbi, of Liberation Way Drug and Rehabilitation Center, available to assist any women suffering from drug addiction "who may have been forced into prostitution," the sheriff said.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.