WAYNE, N.J. -- A 52-year-old man who went into cardiac arrest after he was stung by more than 20 bees remained in intensive care after being revived by a group of Wayne first responders, authorities said Friday.
The highly allergic victim was unconscious, his breathing shallow, when Officers Tom Colella, Dan DuBois, Chris Carbone and Sgt. Don Davidson responded to Finn's Mobile Home Park off Fairfield Road, Capt. Laurence Martin said.
They administered defibrillator shocks and two Epi-Pen doses, he said.
Two EMTs Wayne Memorial Volunteer First Aid Squad joined and conducted possibly life-saving CPR, responders said.
The victim continued to recover in the ICU at St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center in Paterson, Martin said.
"If not for the quick response of the officer, [he] would not have survived," the captain said. "We are proud of their professionalism and commitment to the citizens of our township."
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.